Office： SAA Building, Room 1419
2017-Present Shanghai Jiao Tong University Professor
2005-2016 California State University, Long Beach, USA Professor
2004-2005 North Carolina State University, USA Research Associate
1999-2001 Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Research Scholar
2002-2004 North Carolina State University, USA Ph.D.
1996-1999 Shanghai Jiao Tong University M.S.
1992-1996 Shanghai Jiao Tong University B.S.
(1) Development and application of robust control techniques
(2) Pilot-in-the-loop simulation and handing qualities assessment
(3) Modeling, control design, and flight test of flexible unmanned aerial vehicles
(4) Smart materials/ adaptive structures and applications to flight vehicles
R. Esfandiari and B. Lu, Modeling and Analysis of Dynamic Systems, CRC Press, 1st Edition, 2010, 2nd Edition, 2014.
(1) B. Lu, D. Falde, E. Iriarte, and E. Besnard, Switching robust control for a nanosatellite launch vehicle, Aerospace Science and Technology, 42, pp. 259-266, 2015.
(2) B. Lu and Q. Li, System identification and control design of a piezoelectric-actuated cantilever beam, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education, 42(3), pp. 233-250, 2014.
(4) B. Lu, H. Choi, G.D. Buckner, and K. Tammi, Linear parameter-varying techniques for control of a magnetic bearing system, Control Engineering Practice, 16(10), pp. 1161-1172, 2008.
(5) B. Lu and F. Wu, Probabilistic robust linear parameter-varying control of an F-16 aircraft, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 29(6), pp. 1454-1460, 2006.
(6) B. Lu, F. Wu, and S.W. Kim, Switching LPV control of an F-16 aircraft via controller state reset, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 14(2), pp. 267-277, 2006.
(7) L. Xu, S.-F. Ling, B. Lu, H. Li, and H. Hu, Sensing capability of a PZT-driven cantilever actuator, Sensors and Actuators A, 127(1), pp. 1-8, 2006.
(8) S.-F. Ling, D. Wang, and B. Lu, Dynamics of a PZT-coated cantilever utilized as a transducer for simultaneous sensing and actuating, Smart Materials and Structures, 14(6), pp. 1127-1132, 2005.
(9) B. Lu, F. Wu, and S.W. Kim, Linear parameter-varying antiwindup compensation for enhanced flight control performance, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 28(3), pp. 494-505, 2005.
(10) B. Lu and F. Wu, Switching LPV control designs using multiple parameter-dependent Lyapunov functions, Automatica, 40(11), pp. 1973-1980, 2004.
(11) F. Wu and B. Lu, Anti-windup control design for exponentially unstable LTI systems with actuator saturation, Systems and Control Letters, 52(3/4), pp. 305-322, 2004.
(12) F. Wu and B. Lu, On convexified robust control synthesis, Automatica, 40(6), pp. 1003-1010, 2004.
Technical reviewer of international journals and conferences in the area of controls
Honors and Awards
Shanghai QianRen (2013)